Friday, August 31, 2012

YLSNE 62

Two months down, ten to go. While I am attempting to be aware of what I learn each day, I continue to learn what shape learning can take. I'm beginning to change the hypothesis from "You learn something new everyday" to "You grow and change everyday." But we'll see if that's where I end up at the end of the year.

So, what did I learn today? I am learning that there are many ups and downs to transitions. It seems odd that I am only learning this after my 10th or so major transition, but you heard it here first: I'm finally getting why people say that change is hard.

I am slowly learning my new neighbourhood. I found nearby ATMs today, and about a dozen restaurants and pubs that I want to try.

I also learned that my breadmaker works a bit differently here, though I am not sure how to adjust recipes yet to reflect the lower altitude.

I learned that Bell is not that different from Telus in terms of frustrating situations. However, Bell seems way more willing to admit they screwed up and more willing to find a solution that works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment