My parents' 40th anniversary was today. I learned that 40 is the ruby anniversary, and that Marilyn Monroe died this day 10 years before my parents got married. There was a severe thunderstorm watch today as well and my Dad commented that it was fitting because their wedding day was stormy, too. I had never heard this before.
I also cooked my first big meal for 10 people today, well supper-like meal (I've done brunch before). And it was a success. I learned that corn on the cob doesn't take long to cook. That beef tenderloin and Montreal steak spice on a BBQ is a very tasty meal. That dishes for a meal of 10 adults takes several loads in the dishwasher before it is all cleaned up (glad I wasn't doing this in my dishwasher-less apartment).
1 comment:
We talked about rain on a wedding day and you were correct, rain is a sign of good luck:
Rain brings life
Rain cleanses things
'Tying the knot' is a wedding saying and a wet knot is stronger than a dry knot.
The saying is "A wet bride is a lucky bride"
Post a Comment