Monday, August 27, 2012

YLSNE 58

I learned a little bit about Chinese weddings today. I had dinner with a friend this evening who is from China. She is getting married this fall and having a western-style wedding in Edmonton, but then a Chinese-style one in Vancouver later where much of her fiance's family lives. I asked her a bit about what the Chinese wedding would entail, and it will mostly consist of a huge dinner at a seafood restaurant, with lots of food sitting around the big round tables with 10-12 people at each table. There's not a lot of ceremony or programming, just lots and lots of yummy food. Sounds like my kind of wedding.

I also learned that it may be worth buying a wedding dress online from China and paying for alterations here. Instead of $1000, you can buy them for $150. My friend kindly offered to help me buy online if I ever have the need. Which is great because she might have a better idea of more reputable places to buy from and I would be scared of ending up with a dress made by a 10-year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment