I learned today that I am not merely a weakling, but that my bike pedals really were on really tightly. After trying a tip from my sort-of boss, and failing, my Dad gave it a whirl also trying to loosen the bolt with his foot first, as my sort-of boss suggested. No luck. So we headed to my Dad's friend's shop and strapped it up in a proper bike rack. This, and some more muscle, seems to be the trick. The bike needs to be held tightly by something else so that every ounce of muscle can be focused on the pedals. I also learned a few other things about how to pack up my bike in a box for shipping: remove the seat, remove the handle bars and tape it to the frame to keep it from banging around. I also learned that there's a lot of extra room in a bike box once the bike and wheels are stuffed in there, making more shipping room for me.
I also learned about Phyllis Diller. I've heard her name my whole life but don't think I actually knew who she was. I had assumed she was a TV or movie actor, but I was kind of delighted to hear that she was a trailblazer for female comedians. I've seen some pretty funny clips today as people memorialize her.
No comments:
Post a Comment