Friday, August 17, 2012

YLSNE 47

I learned a bit about my options for bike storage today. I'm preparing for my car-less future in Ottawa and figured it would be helpful if I had a way of strapping some groceries to my bike. So I headed to MEC and found a possibly perfect solution. Add a rear rack to my bike and then buy the "shopping bag" option to attach to it. It's a bag that folds out into a nice size grocery box with handles for easy shopping. Should be great for both the store and farmer's markets.

And speaking of farmer's markets, I also discovered one of Edmonton's latest and greatest markets this evening: the 124 Street Grand Market. When I say "grand", think fabulous, not big. Some of Edmonton's famous food trucks were there, such as Drift and Nomad, and the guy who turned his backyard into a salad garden. I bought some of his yummy lettuce mix for my weekend camping trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment