Saturday, September 29, 2012

YLSNE 91

I discovered this morning that today is "No Tax" day at Superstore. We don't have these sorts of things in Alberta, but then again not paying 13% tax is much more exciting than not paying 5%. While at the grocery store, assessing my oatmeal options (I forgot they don't sell my favourite kind in Ontario, argh), a random man started a conversation with me about all the people buying turkeys today. Over the course of our conversation I discovered that he kills wild turkeys up at his cottage for Thanksgiving dinner and that wild turkeys have darker, and yummier, meat. I would have assumed the meat would be tougher, but he claims it's miles better than "those crazy Butterballs" everyone clammers for. I'm wondering if I will ever have the opportunity to put this claim to the test.

I also learned today that I like parsnips and that they are really yummy after they've been roasting with a chicken in the crock-pot all day. I wonder if they would have been even yummier if it was a wild turkey and not a store-bought chicken I was roasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment