My TA assignment this term is in the Writing Tutorial Services, which means I get to work one-on-one with students' writing, any discipline, any level of education. I had my first appointment this morning with an MBA student whose area of interest is in supply chain management. She needed some help with a literature review she was writing on the Bullwhip Effect. Right.
I started the session with having her briefly explain what the Bullwhip Effect is, and now I know...at least a very basic knowledge. The Bullwhip Effect occurs primarily in the manufacturing industry. A company must be able to predict how much demand there will be for a certain product, and have a little extra available in order to deal with unexpected demands. If a company does not accurately predict demand, and does not have enough product on hand, the more pronounced the Bullwhip Effect. Alternatively, the better a company's demand predicting, the less pronounced the Bullwhip Effect will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment