Tuesday, September 11, 2012

YLSNE 73

In a fit of money worries today, I decided to teach myself a little bit about the world of couponing. I had watched a news story recently about Canadian couponers, which mentioned websites that gathered coupons from around the Internet. So, I decided to track some of these websites down and see if this would be worth my while, and to see how it really all worked. I learned that there are a plethora of these websites, but they all have different ways of doing things. Some require you to have an account, some require you to "like" stuff on facebook before accessing the coupon, some allow you to print the coupon off easy-peasy, and others seemed to have a much more complicated process of ordering coupons and then perhaps mailing or e-mailing them to me (I didn't get that far in the overly complicated process...they wanted way more info from me then I felt 50 cents off toilet paper deemed).

In the end, I found myself 2 coupons that I printed off without giving anyone any information about myself. There were scads of other coupons I could have printed off, but as I browsed, I realized I eat a lot of fresh food. I'm really not that big into frozen dinner entrees, over-packaged lunchables, and more paper towels than I can shake a stick at. I think I'd be more on board with this coupon hype if I could get some for the produce section at the local grocery store, or even the farmer's market down the street. The coupons that are for non-perishables that I do buy, are often non-perishables that I don't go through a lot of as a single person, and so I'm still not looking at huge savings in the long run. My time would probably be better used actually reading and studying right now, the reason the budget has become much tighter in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment