I got a new phone number yesterday, but noticed that it was somehow showing up as my old phone number when I texted iPhone users. This seemed very odd indeed, and after this continued today, a friend suggested I change my account info on my iTunes account, just to see.
So, I did, and then turned my iMessage service off and on, but nothing. So, I looked it up on apple.com, where they suggested restarting my phone. And voila! iPhone users, at least those who use iMessage, now receive messages from me from my new phone number.
I read a bit more out of curiosity and realized this is how my phone knows when I am texting another iPhone. I've always found that a bit weird and slightly creepy. But it's because these messages are actually sent through iTunes accounts and not the actual phone service. So, there you have it, iPhone is not as magical as I once thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment