Wednesday, October 17, 2012

YLSNE 109

So, I usually follow recipes pretty closely when baking, not so much cooking, but I find baking a bit more finicky that way.

So, I decided to make cookies last night on the spur of the moment, but was also kind of tired and out of it, and just really wanted cookies asap. The recipe I used called for softened butter, but I took the butter right from the fridge and didn't want to wait for it to soften for awhile. I threw it in the mixer cold and hard.

I learned that while this isn't a disastrous mistake, it really takes just as much time trying to get it to break up and blend properly with the other ingredients as it would have taken to just let it sit on the counter for a little bit to warm up before throwing it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment