I learned a few things today.
The biggest and most important one: I have a lovely new nephew as of 12:16 this morning who came a few weeks early. I learned that babies are fragile, or malleable is maybe a better word. His nose got a little squished and his skin a little scratched on his way out. But he seems unbothered by it all and of course is the most adorable little bundle of boy (says the proud auntie).
The next big thing: Despite the wonderful interruption, I managed to get moved out of my beloved apartment today. I learned that I am actually quite an efficient house cleaner, and that my car can fit an amazing amount of junk. I also learned that it takes a measure of humility to move back to your parents' at the age of 34, even if it is for only a month.
A small thing, but possibly not insignificant: When a tornado warning is issued it means that there may be a tornado within 10 minutes. So, basically, if you see a tornado warning for your area, you should find a safe(r) place now. I always thought there was a bit more leeway with that one, but I'm kind of glad I now know there isn't.
No comments:
Post a Comment