Here's what I learned today: headlights have changed since the '80s. I noticed my driver side headlight was burnt out right before I left for my recent trip to Ottawa. So, I headed to Canadian Tire today, not doubting my abilities to find the right headlight and change it myself. I have done this a few times before, although probably over a decade ago. I think it was in my first car or second car, or both, but regardless, they were both born in the '80s. You know, back in the days when headlights were massive. I wandered up and down the aisles looking for a section of big old boxes with huge lights peeking out of them. Nothing. Finally, I found an aisle of small bulbs, and probably stared at them for 5 minutes before I was certain they were headlight bulbs, despite the sign informing me that this was so. So, I flipped through those helpful books to find which bulb to buy and headed out. After taking some time to figure out how to replace this new kind of bulb, and some time figuring out how the car manufacturer possibly thought I could fit a screwdriver into that tiny little space, I changed my headlight and learned that headlight "technology" has certainly improved over the years.
Turns out I changed the wrong light though. So maybe tomorrow I'll learn the difference between bulbs for regular headlights, and bulbs for high beams.
No comments:
Post a Comment