Saturday, July 21, 2012

YLSNE 20

I had dinner at a restaurant this evening at one of Edmonton's better known good restaurants. I've never actually dined there before, although I think I've known about it my whole life; it's on a fairly major street downtown. As we entered the restaurant, I happened to notice a door opening up to a beautiful patio. We chose to sit on the patio, and as I entered this little oasis, I was thinking to myself, this must be one of Edmonton's best kept secrets. Then my friend mentioned that the patio is the most well-known in downtown because it's so nice, and there aren't that many downtown. Apparently everyone knows about Cafe DeVille's great patio.

Now while you might not consider this learning something, I felt sufficiently in awe and sufficiently out of the loop at discovering this information, that I consider myself to have learned something quite useful about my city.

No comments:

Post a Comment