The staff at Big Al's Aquarium Services taught me about turtles and other delights this afternoon. Turtles will slowly (as turtles tend to do) develop a relationship with their owners...over 5 years. But thankfully they live to about 60+ years, so it isn't wasted time. They also live in fresh water, at least the variety at Big Al's do. I think they were red-eared sliders. Males grow to about an 8 inch circumference, and females can grow up to about a foot. And turtles eat pretty much whatever you give them; they are in fact omnivores. And I'm now seriously thinking of getting one.
I also learned that marine fish are much more vibrant than freshwater fish. And that tetra and rosbara make good aquarium mates. Glass cats are the coolest looking fish and prefer to be together, so it is recommended you buy no less than 3 at a time.
It was a well-spent afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment