I don't spend a lot of time commiserating with fellow MS patients about how hard life with MS is. Partly because it's not that hard on me yet, partly because I don't want to get involved in a pity party and validate negativity. But every once in awhile I meet someone else with MS, or read or hear about someone describing their symptoms and I get a rush of relief knowing that I'm not imagining things, and that others know what I'm going through. I also like hearing how others explain some of the stranger MS symptoms that I often have trouble explaining to others.
One of the hardest symptoms to explain is MS fatigue. It's hard to explain that it's different from being tired from lack of sleep or being really busy. I can tell the difference between normal tired and MS fatigue, but it's hard to explain to people without MS what exactly that feels like.
This video was posted to Facebook, and as I watched it, I had that familiar rush of relief knowing that what I go through everyday is normal for someone with MS, and also feel like I've been given a small tool to explain to people what fatigue is when I just can't seem to explain it myself.
Check out the video here.
No comments:
Post a Comment