1. I moved last week. Into my very own apartment. There's absolutely nothing like waking up to sunshine streaming through your window and only an 8 minute bicycle commute to work. Too bad whenever I'm driving my car around I find myself heading towards my old house. It's made for some long and bizarre trips through Edmonton.
2. Moving also means that I had to get an Internet connection set-up at my apartment. I have been avoiding Telus like the plague for about 8 years now because I have never had a painless interaction with them where everything worked as it was supposed to. But for what seems like silly reasons now, I chose to try them out again. It was painful and took 4 days to get sorted out. I have now had internet for 43 minutes. But that was only after some threats of canceling and running to Shaw.
3. I had to get an MRI this afternoon at the Royal Alexandra Hospital. Every time I go there and pay for my parking for only 2 hours, I can't help but wonder when it became okay to gouge people for parking at hospitals. While I suppose these funds may go to funding something in the hospital, it seems it might be a better idea to gouge people for parking at casinos or strip clubs or something much less vital and then give that money to the hospital.
4. Last, but not least, June is Bike Month in Edmonton. I just thought you all needed to know that. I love my bike, and I love being able to ride it around the city.
1 comment:
1. It's SO nice, isn't it!?
2. I have been in the minority of those with really good service through Telus for the last five years. Only a couple chats with the Loyalty department about possibly switching somewhere else. Boy do they move fast when you do that.
3. I agree. Paying for any parking is generally expensive, but hospitals are amongst those that take the cake.
4. Biking rocks. We should go for a ride sometime soon.
Post a Comment